Thursday, March 27, 2014

TAKING A CUE

My last post was seen by my friend and fellow crafter Kimmer, that would be MommaRock at http://krazycraftycreations.blogspot.com/.  We could be almost the same person, hahaha,  When she looked at the compartments of her life she knew she needed to make some changes.  As I read, I knew that would be very important to my quality of life as well.  So rather than just ponder, I took action, inspired by Kimmer. 

I stayed up a little later than normal and went thru my YouTube list.  I was over whelmed each day with 100 emails in my mail, most all YouTube friends and acquaintances.  As I tackled my list ( that looked like I would be doing an overnighter back from my school days) it started moving a little faster than I imagined.   

I changed many to 'show only in feed' I found many that I needed to remove, those that had not had a video in over a year.  And, I still may fiddle with a few more.  Late in the evening, I don't function as well as early morning.

I consider each that I receive, Kimmer has vowed not to watch 'haul' videos and for the most part, that will be my vow also.   And, though I love to learn, there are things I am not likely to try, so I have given myself permission to just pass on those, also.  We all love just a word or two when we publish a video, and in my beginning stage with few subscribers that was an easy task.  However, now my list of those I am subscribed to, is so long that to comment on all would be a full time job, so I have now given myself permission to, at times, just give a thumbs up and be off to the next.

In the past few days, I have had the time to do some projects of my own, view some videos, read some blog entries by friends and I have even started a grand mystery on my Kindle :)

I believe I am going to like this new improved compartment.  As the weather improves and the pool calls to me, I may make a few summer tweeks ;)

I will leave you now with a few things I have worked on.  Hoping this post finds you happy and healthy, here thy are:

One on the right is the one she will wear, on the left is the one the groom will throw.  Granddaughter wants to keep the one she will wear ;)




1 comment:

  1. Oh Tilly... ow darn sweet of you to mention me. I am overwhelmed too by my emails from YouTube. So, I did some cutting. Sorry to say, I had to cut some that I have visited from time to time. But now, I will be able to choose when I visit them.
    You know... I have this program called "Pocket" - it is a chrome extension. I love it cause if I want to , or don't have time at the moment, I can place the webpage into the Pocket for viewing later. Then when I go into the Pocket cue, I sometimes realize, that something I saved to view later is just something I really don't need to view. This way, I can eliminate things easily cause I don't feel so bad and I didn't waste the time in the first place viewing it. ALSO... if there is something I really do want to view, I have it saved for a better time (on my terms of time to watch it). I hope that was easy to follow.
    Oh gosh.... seeing your lovely garter pics makes me realize I have to get on the ball. I am making the guest book now. :)
    Bless you dear friend. See ya round the net!
    kimmer

    ReplyDelete